BCWB Fall Challenge Tournament Update
A few very important Tournament rules to remember are:
1. Teams are not allowed to modify or add to your roster after the first game of the tournament is played. In the event you have a player who will not be attending your Saturday game, you should make sure that player is listed on your roster on Saturday before your first game. You will not be allowed to add players to your roster on Sunday or after your first game is played.
2. There will be a door charge for visitors. Coaches and one (1) assistant (only) will be allowed free entry. There will be a one time fee of - $8.00 Day Pass / $15 Weekend Pass (6 years and under FREE). Please make sure your parents are aware of the door charge and rates.
3. Each coach/team should prepare to arrive at the tournament site at least 1/2 hour in advance to check in with our tournament host. Please be on time. Doors will Open at the Tuscarora High School Site at 8:00 AM on Saturday.
Some teams are playing varying number of games per day and (2) or more games on Sunday. However, most teams should expect to play as least 2 games on Saturday and one (1) maybe 2 games on Sunday. Playoff, Play in and Championship games will be played on Sunday.
4. Awards will be presented to each Championship team (individual Trophy award for players and Coaches).
5. We will have wall charts for you to keep track of your team progress and status. In the event you have any questions about what time you play or what position/rank your team end up at the end of the day on Saturday - please check our website first (www.bcwb.org) - if still unable to determine your status please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are hoping to have the website updated by mid-night Saturday night.
WE WILL USE HIGH SCHOOL FEDERATION RULES.
7TH - 12TH GRADE DIVISIONS - 16 MINUTE RUNNING CLOCK (STOPS AFTER 2 MINS IN EACH HALVE)
ONE AND ONE FREE THROW AFTER 7th FOUL OF EACH HALF
A 30 POINT SLAUGHTER RULE IS IN EFFECT --- MEANING: IF A TEAM IS LEADING BY 30 POINTS OR MORE WITH 3 MINUTES OR LESS LEFT THE GAME ENDS.
EACH TEAM GETS 4 TIMEOUTS PER GAME (Two 30 Second and Two 60 Second)
ONE ADDITIONAL FOR EACH OVERTIME PERIOD
FIRST OVERTIME IS 3 MINUTES, IF A SECOND OVERTIME IS NEEDED WE WILL GO TO TIEBREAKER - MEANING FIRST TEAM THAT SCORES WINS.
AN EJECTED PLAYER OR COACH HAS TO SIT OUT THE NEXT GAME-NO EXCEPTIONS. ANY PLAYER OR COACH EJECTED FOR FIGHTING IS PERMANENTLY ELIMINATED FROM TOURNAMENT.
We are looking forward to a fun and competitive weekend of basketball.
Coaches - real important is the tie-breaker rule.
Please make sure you are award of the rule.
1) Head to Head Play: The team that wins the head to head competition between the two tied teams will move on.
2) Total points scored from all games won ! Maximum number of points per game won is 15 points. In the event of a tie - Team with highest point total over all games won - advances. In the event of Point scored ties (we are still tied at this stage) – we go to option 3 below. Important to remember about this rule is only teams who Win will get points and the maximum number of points per win is 15.
3) Coin Flip - If all else fails, a coin will be flipped.
DOORS WILL OPEN ½ HOUR PRIOR TO FIRST GAME OF EACH DAY.
TOURNAMENT REPRESENTATIVE OR DIRECTOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HAVE UNRULY FANS OR PLAYERS REMOVED. COACHE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CONTROLLING THEIR FANS. REFUNDS WILL NOT BE GRANTED SHOULD THIS OCCUR.
TROPHY WILL BE AWARDED TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM IN EACH DIVISION.
HOME TEAM WILL WEAR WHITE (IF AVAILABLE)
AWAY TEAM WILL WEAR DARK JERSEYS
TEAM LISTED FIRST ON SCHEDULE IS HOME TEAM.
GRACE PERIOD IS 15 MINS. IF YOU ARE 15 MINS LATE,YOU WILL FORFEIT. ONLY AN EXTREME EMERGENCY WILL WARRANT
EXCEPTIONS AT THE DIRECTORS DISCRETION. BE AT THE GYM AT LEAST 20 MINUTES PRIOR TO GAME TIME
TEAM ROSTERS ARE DUE PRIOR TO THE START OF THE FIRST GAME. TEAM ROSTER CAN NOT BE CHANGED AFTER START OF FIRST GAME.
PLAYER CAN NOT PLAY ON TWO TEAMS IN THE SAME DIVISION.