A few very important Tournament rules to remember are:
1. Teams are not allowed to modify or add to your roster after the first game of the tournament is played. In the event you have a player who will not be attending your Saturday game, you should make sure that player is listed on your roster on Saturday before your first game. You will not be allowed to add players to your roster on Sunday or after your first game is played. Players can not play on two teams in the same grade pool.
2. There will be a door charge for visitors. Coach and one (1) assistant (only) will be allowed free entry. There will be a one time fee of - $5.00 Per Person (6 years and under FREE). Please make sure your parents are aware of the door charge and rates. Please make sure your parents know about the Door Charge / Fees. Also notify them Door Charge is CASH only - we do not accept credit cards. Every tournament we get this question - or parent are not prepared to pay at the door - please sent to your team parents or communications person.
3. Each coach/team should prepare to arrive at the tournament site at least 1/2 hour in advance to check in with our tournament host. Please be on time. Doors will Open at All Sites 1/2 Hour before the first game of the day. Please do not arrive before 1/2 of the 1st Game of the Day - otherwise you may be asked to wait in your car until we are ready. This is a 2 game minimum Tournament - teams should expect to play at least 2 games.
4. Awards will be presented to each Championship Bracket teams. We may have a variety of Championship formats. The format will depend on the number of teams in your pool and number of pools in your Grade Group. For all uneven pool grade groups we will have a special Championship format of two Championship Brackets. If you are in a grade group with two pools - please pay close attention to your Bracket format.
5. We will have wall charts for you to keep track of your team progress and status. In the event you have any questions about what time you play or what position/rank your team end up - please check the Wall Charts.
WE WILL USE HIGH SCHOOL FEDERATION RULES.
4TH - 6TH GRADE DIVISIONS (Boys and Girls) - 14 MINUTE RUNNING CLOCK (STOPS AFTER 2 MINS IN EACH HALVE) - Clock will stop on fouls until player received the ball from official.
7TH - 12TH GRADE DIVISIONS - 16 MINUTE RUNNING CLOCK (STOPS AFTER 2 MINS IN EACH HALVE)
ONE AND ONE FREE THROW AFTER 7th FOUL OF EACH HALF
A 30 POINT DEFICIT RULE IS IN EFFECT --- MEANING: IF A TEAM IS LEADING BY 30 POINTS OR MORE WITH 3 MINUTES OR LESS LEFT THE GAME ENDS.
EACH TEAM GETS 4 TIMEOUTS PER GAME (Two 30 Second and Two 60 Second)
ONE ADDITIONAL FOR EACH OVERTIME PERIOD
FIRST OVERTIME IS 3 MINUTES, IF A SECOND OVERTIME IS NEEDED WE WILL GO TO TIEBREAKER - MEANING FIRST TEAM THAT SCORES WINS.
AN EJECTED PLAYER OR COACH HAS TO SIT OUT THE NEXT GAME-NO EXCEPTIONS. ANY PLAYER OR COACH EJECTED FOR FIGHTING IS PERMANENTLY ELIMINATED FROM TOURNAMENT.
We are looking forward to a fun and competitive
weekend of basketball.
Coaches - real important is the tie-breaker rule.
Please make sure you are award of the rule.
All Pools will play in a "One Day" Bracket Format.
TOURNAMENT REPRESENTATIVE OR DIRECTOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HAVE UNRULY FANS OR PLAYERS REMOVED. COACH ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CONTROLLING THEIR FANS. REFUNDS WILL NOT BE GRANTED SHOULD THIS OCCUR.
TROPHY (AND OR MEDALS) WILL BE AWARDED TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM IN EACH BRACKET.
HOME TEAM WILL WEAR WHITE (IF AVAILABLE)
AWAY TEAM WILL WEAR DARK JERSEYS
TEAM LISTED FIRST ON SCHEDULE IS HOME TEAM.
GRACE PERIOD IS 15 MINS. IF YOU ARE 15 MINS LATE,YOU WILL FORFEIT. ONLY AN EXTREME EMERGENCY WILL WARRANT EXCEPTIONS AT THE DIRECTORS DISCRETION. BE AT THE GYM AT LEAST 20 MINUTES PRIOR TO GAME TIME
TEAM ROSTERS ARE DUE PRIOR TO THE START OF THE FIRST GAME.
TEAM ROSTER CAN NOT BE CHANGED AFTER START OF FIRST GAME.
****** PLAYER CAN NOT PLAY ON TWO TEAMS IN THE SAME DIVISION.